A bell tent is just as easy to pack away as it is to put up. To make life easier the carry bags that come with our bell tents are very roomy so there's none of that frustrating squeezing into a too-small bag.
The most important thing to remember is that it must be stored completely bone dry otherwise it may go mouldy whilst packed away. If the tent is damp when you take it down, it's ok to pack it away for a day or so but then it must be taken out and dried out thoroughly before packing away for a longer period. This can be done but hanging it over a washing line if it's fine weather or over a row of chairs or a table inside.
Here's how to take down and pack away the tent correctly:
1. Take out the A-frame door pole, unhinge the joints and pack away in the pole bag.
2. Remove the centre pole, unhinge the joints and pack away in the pole bag.
3. Remove the guy rope pegs and the tent pegs but leave the groundsheet pegged out. Put them in the peg bag.
4. Fold over the canvas bell tent into a half-moon shape.
5. Place the carry bag at the pointed end of the bell tent so you can see how narrow you need to make it as you fold.
6. Fold each side in small folds so that you are left with a strip of canvas narrow enough to fit into the bag, tucking in guy ropes as you go.
7. Once the strip is narrow enough, fold it up from the bottom until you get a rectangle that looks like it will fit into the bag and put it in.
8. Put the pole and peg bags into the carry bag.
See our instructions on how to put up a bell tent.